Monday, May 05, 2008

TT tomorrow

My blog has gone "dark" for a while -- I've been extremely busy at work and teaching three classes for LBCC. *However*, I have been riding.

A friend of mine told me that "I'm not a better climber, just stronger." Probably so. I do have a little evidence that I'm a little rough on the drivetrain -- I broke my 12-tooth cog on the Saturday ride. The blasted thing was skipping all over the place and I thought it was the chain the whole time. Not a broken tooth, but a clean break around the circumference. (Most likely it was simply a defective cog.)

Two years ago I broke a cassette body -- split clean along one of the splines. Perhaps this 10-speed stuff isn't so durable after all....

Tomorrow I'm off to my first race as a member of WVCT/Pacific Power... a solo TT in Coburg.

No comments: