Monday, January 26, 2009

Review of CycleFilm's "Road to Mt. Ventoux 2009" video

As the 200th follower of CycleFilm on Twitter, I was the (unexpected) winner of one of their recon films of the climb up Mt. Ventoux for L'Etape Du Tour 2009.

L'Etape Du Tour is a ride for the "rest of us" (well those who are very fit) where we can experience a stage of the tour -- in this case Stage 20.

The DVD is professionally produced and the next best thing to climbing Mt. Ventoux yourself. The narrator, a rider, takes you up the mountain, explaining strategy you should consider if you ride the E'Tape.

Even if you're not going to do E'Tape, the video is an excellent preview of the ride, one which you could do yourself or with some friends. (A nice touch was the glimpses of local life and a short tour of the Nugat factory.)

The video is 90 minutes and is "zone free". (I played mine on a Macbook.) While I got my sample for free, I'm considering purchasing a few more of these. (I'd love to see Alp D'Huez, for example.)

See http://www.cyclefilm.com

No comments: