Thursday, August 09, 2007

Tuesday/Thursday miles

Tuesday: Took the red De Rosa out for the Tuesday night ride. Only Eric and I showed up. I rode about 36 miles. (10 commuting)

Thursday: Went out with the triclub. Got in a total of 37 miles today. (10 commuting) Took out the Cervelo. It's fun keeping up with riders who are not only much lighter, but whose parents are younger than you. I thought one strong rider was going to drop me on Highland, but when he shifted down and slowed a bit, I came around and kept plodding for the summit. I suppose endurance counts!

They were repaving Walnut -- we avoided recrossing the fresh, but oily pavement but cutting through a mobile home park.

Commuting -- I topped 500 miles for the year a couple of days ago. I commute on a '97 Stumpjumper equipped with slicks and yellow fenders...

No comments: