Saturday, February 17, 2007

#4 A nice day for a Century

Completed Century #4 (4th ride of the year for me; weird, but that's how it's working out.) Rode the blue De Rosa (vintage 1995), starting out with the Mid-Valley Bike Club's ride to Monmouth. Extended the ride to Jefferson, Scio, Lebanon, Albany, Tangent.

Calories burned: 5550
Miles turned: 116.5

Consumed two bottles of Perpetuem, two Clif Bars, a Tiger Milk bar, a "nanner", a large Powerade (the gas station at I5/Hwy 34 didn't have any water except from hoses) and not nearly enough water. I refilled the bottles once in Monmouth. Fortunately it wasn't a warm day.

Average temp: 53F.

My front derailleur stopped working coming out of Jefferson. (Earlier it had been cranky, but I managed to get it going with a barrel adjuster.) I "manually" put the chain in the big ring and stayed in it for most of the remainder of the ride. (Note: On the next day I fiddled with it and got it shifting -- cable was a little loose.)

No comments: