Thursday, May 17, 2007

Now payment is due

I'm paying for my "race" walk yesterday!

I've got sore calfs and anterior tib muscles, not to mention the lost skin on a couple of toes. Note to self: don't wear cotton socks!

Still it was fun. One of the joggers I was battling told me that I was "killing him". The lady jogger I passed on the wood-chip path said she wasn't sure she wanted to pass me back as she came around. I couldn't go as fast as they could on the pavement, however.

We all had fun!

2 comments:

Sandy said...

Hah! Now I've got something I can paste your rodent butt at - speedwalking....I used to clock 9:40 miles, but 12's are still pretty easy for me. It's all about foot turnover. As a "dedicated" low-cadence cyclist, it hurts to say that foot speed matters, but there you have it.
Congrats on your blister. The anterior tibialis will improve rapidly. Stretch it frequently, there's a lot of fascia around it.

ultracyclist said...

Yeah, all I could muster was 13:06 min/mile on average. Sounds like good cross-training for cycling (particularly in the weight loss department).