Saturday, May 19, 2007

Nineteen: Waterloo and beyond

Started out with the MVBC ride to Waterloo and I extended by riding a loop over Decker. The couplet work in Philomath is causing traffic to be diverted across Grange Road. These drivers seemed aggessive and upset. At the end of Grange Road, an ODOT person told me to be careful, the drivers are driving like maniacs. I turned right, going in the opposite direction. I took Airport Road and came back on Bellfountain.

Distance: 100.6
Ascent: 1750
Calories consumed: about 4200

Consumed: two bottles of Perpetuem, Tiger Milk bar, a 20oz Gatorade; after the 62 mile ride to Waterloo, I stopped at home and had a small bowl of cereal. Just seemed like the thing to eat!

Bike: red De Rosa (still click city -- when my new cassettes arrive, I'll replace the one on the De Rosa and see if that helps).

No comments: