Saturday, May 12, 2007

#18 Saturday Century: 105 miles

I rode to the OR District TTT event and helped sweep corners. (I also ran the website and set up online registration -- a big win this year). We had about 50 teams show up!

Wish I could have ridden, but I didn't have a team. Very few members of the local club have ridden much -- and I had one of the best bikes there (to not be in the event!)

From there I rode to Brownsville and back through Tangent. Came back at the end of the event for the "traditional" organizers ride, but it wasn't to be. The winds picked up and the temperature dropped. None of the riders had enough clothes...

A friend showed up and we rode a few miles, only to turn back to town early because it looked like the sky was going to dump on us. He had a flat on the way back to town. Talk about luck!

Once I got back home, I ate a couple sacks of groceries, and headed back out. What's a little wind and cool air? (I put on a jacket.)

Bike: Cervelo Soloist Carbon
Total mileage: 105
Calories expended: about 4000
Food consumed (on the ride): two bottles of Perpetuem, one GU, two cereal bars, one Tiger Milk.
Ascent: 650 ft. (yep, it was flat.)

No comments: