Saturday, June 30, 2007

Thirty: Rogue Century

A few club members proposed that we do a "rogue" century and do Kings Valley (via Philomath and Wren) so we would have more options to extend the ride. Just past Independence, two riders peeled off and went home.

On the way to the turnoff to Jefferson, the rest of the group decided they'd had enough and took the Buena Vista ferry home. (Can you say "Lemmings"? I knew you could.) Naturally, I went on solo to Jefferson (stopped at the Mexican bakery!), Brownsville, Shedd, and finished up with the Peterson Loop.

Distance: 138.5
Calories: 5136
Ascent: 3895
Avg: 17.5 for the first 117, 17.3 for all
Bike: Cervelo

Comsumed: two 20oz Diet Pepsi, a 12 oz V8 ($1.35 in Shedd), a 12-oz Campbell's tomato juice ($1 in KV), two tacos (Jefferson), a bagel and a cake donut (Independence), one bottle of Perpetuem, and several bottles of water. (I had the little cake donut at the bakery until I realized the rest of the gang was at the bagel shop. So I had a bagel too, which was excellent.)

Note: I lost about 6 pounds of fluid during the ride and it only got up to 80.

No comments: