Thursday, June 21, 2007

Thursday ride: 46 miles

Rode the Cervelo to the top of the Bellfountain climb and started the climb on Decker Rd. when I met the MVBC group. I pulled a u-turn and gave chase using the aerobars. Managed to catch everyone, including Scott who was off-the-front as usual.

It was a bit windy today. The Soloist screams in a tailwind and does great going directly into it. We did the Smith Loop and came back via Llewellyn and Bellfountain Rd. I took a long pull on Llewellyn Rd -- they tell me I was doing 20 into the 10-20 mph headwind. (Of course I was in the CGTs; I couldn't check my speed easily because I was wearing the Polar.)

On the way back I gunned it on the "Airport" climb. I've never climbed that hill faster. (I took a glance at my Polar and we were doing 18.5 at one point.) That bike just goes!!!

46 miles (+ 10 commuting)

Note: The Polar 720i won't reliably pick up the strap when mounted sideways on the step -- in either direction. So today I had to wear it as a watch. Next I'll try mounting it facing forward using some Velcro.

No comments: