Saturday, September 02, 2006

Century #15: Buena Vista,Jefferson, Scio, Albany, Oakville

Rode with a group from the MVBC and we extended the "long" ride to 105.

We crossed the ferry across the Willamette in Buena Vista and rode over to the Mexican bakery in Jefferson. On our ride we crossed two covered bridges and stopped in Scio for a snack. Got a bit hot (93F) later in the day.

I drank a bottle of Sustained Energy, two food bars, an apple pastry (Mexican bakery), a 20 oz Gatorade, and a 32 Diet Pepsi. (Took a couple of endurolytes too.) My Polar 720i says I burned about 4000 calories on this ride. (Not a record -- I burned over 5000 on my century around Crater Lake.

All in all, I felt pretty good at the end of the ride -- plenty of kick left and took a long pull on the way back on Peoria Road.

No comments: