Sunday, September 24, 2006

Century #21, Brownsville, Crawfordville, Sweet Home, Waterloo, Lebanon, Shedd

I couldn't bring myself to get up for the 7am start of the 200K brevet in Corvallis. I waited until it warmed up a bit, around 9am, and decided to try to intercept the riders in Crawfordville. Instead of going to Coburn and Marcola, I took the shortest route to Crawfordville via Brownsville.

I waited at the Thriftway control in Sweet Home and had a turkey sandwich (great deal at $1.99). I figured I must have been ahead of the group at this point. From there I followed the cuesheet for the remainder of the course.

For this ride I put the HED Alps back on my '95 De Rosa Primato. (These wheels sail in the headwinds coming back on Peoria Road.) I really have to snug down the rear skewer or the wheel will slip in the horizontal dropouts.


102.6 miles
3553 calories

No comments: