Saturday, March 24, 2007

#8 Buena Vista, Momouth, Dallas, KV, Philomath, Peterson Loop

Rode 107 miles on my Specialized Sirrus with an 7 pound pannier to carry extra clothes and groceries.

Changed out the right pedal before the ride because I noticed it made noise when I spun it by hand. So I rode with a gray left pedal and a blue right pedal. (The fashion police -- I mean Joe -- wasn't there to point it out. Yeah, I got singled out once because my tires didn't match. :)

Calories expended: about 4500

Consumed: three bottles of Perpetuem, two Tiger Milk bars, a breakfast bar, and two Grandma cookies.

Rode quite well, considering how much this rig weighs. I took a loooong pull out of Dallas and walked away from my riding companions on all hills. I think they were just taking it easy, but I didn't feel as though I was pushing hard. I try to keep a steady pace.

On the way back from Peterson, I came across the OSU Omnium, already in progress. It must have been weird for the spectators to see a guy on a beatup old bike with downtube shifters and a pannier bag cruise across the finish line!

No comments: