Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Tuesday evening club ride - 36 miles

A small group of us went out and rode Decker. I think I must be in reasonable shape. On "the" climb, I stayed with a guy who weighs about 23 pounds less than me who rides a lighter (carbon fibre) bike. (He usually drops me when he starts dancing on the pedals.) Maybe he cut me some slack today...

At the top, he commmented that my bike is "old school". Yeah, it is. It's a 1996 De Rosa Giro D'Italia, a lugged steel frame. (Couldn't find any carbon anything on it.) If this bike was good enough for Bjarne Riis to ride in the tour in 1995 (well, it's not the "exact" bike he rode), then it's good enough for me today. :-)

Needless to say, my 21st century bike is on its way. Will it arrive this week? Who knows? It is, however, red!

Distance: 36 miles

Also got in a light upper body workout at the gym... My wife needed to go anyway and I couldn't waste the opportunity!

No comments: